This summer I swam in a public place
And a reservoir to boot
At the latter I was informal
At the former I wore my suit
-Loudon Wainwright, "The Swimming Song"
I would prefer the expression to be "eternal summer" rather than spring. The days would remain longer, I could ride my bicycle on every whim, and there would never be an excuse not to play outdoors.
But alas, as I drove home from my temporary residence in Manhattan to "glorious" upstate New York, the foliage began to discreetly reveal its amber and orange underbelly.
And so it begins.
After a summer of corporate internship bliss at Gensler's New York office, I am headed to London for a semester of architecture, travel, and, appropriately, architectural travel.
While I have previously studied abroad in Florence, my recent addition of two years of architecture school has provided me with a different tool kit with which I plan to examine my surroundings, a.k.a. people, places, and things. (However, not necessarily in that order, and perhaps I will include some adjectives as well.)
Right now I'm in the process of unpacking New York and packing London.
Stay tuned.


1 comment:
Dear Life Enthusiast,
Your blog is a really great idea!
Post a Comment